TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE OF THE STATISTICS PORTUGAL’S WEBSITE
Statistics Portugal reserves the right to add or introduce changes in the terms and conditions of use, at any time, without prior notice. Therefore, when accessing the website, you should consult the respective conditions.
Description of the service
Access to the Statistics Portugal’s website is free of charge.
The copyright of all contents of this website (news, information or documents) is owned by Statistics Portugal.
This website is intended for the personal use of individuals, wherefore any marketing of its contents is forbidden, as well as the copy, change, distribution, exhibition, reproduction, publication, transfer or sale of any information, explanations or services. This interdiction excludes free access authorised by the law, namely the right to quote, provided that the source is acknowledged, as follows:
Source: Instituto Nacional de Estatística – Portugal (Statistics Portugal)
(identification of the statistical information mentioned; reference period of the information)
Users may download or copy documents for strict personal use, but Statistics Portugal shall continue to own the respective copyright.
Any infringement to these rights or non-authorised use of the contents by third parties may lead to proceedings in and/or outside the court of a civil or criminal nature.
Exclusion of liability
Statistics Portugal can never be held liable, either directly or indirectly, for any loss resulting from or in any way related to the use of this website.
Suspension or interruption of the service
Statistics Portugal may at any time interrupt or suspend the service, either temporarily or permanently, without prior notice, but shall nonetheless inform the users of the reasons for suspension, in case it is permanent or if its duration exceeds 24 hours.
Changes to the contents
Statistics Portugal reserves the right to insert, change or remove any information in/from the website, without prior notice, and whatever the cause may be.
- Any personal data collected is processed according to the law. Statistics Portugal shall be responsible for ensuring safe use of the website and the data.
- Personal data collected are only aimed at providing a personalised reply and shall not be registered in any database.
- The request for users to provide an email address is exclusively intended to enable replies to enquiries, and this email shall not be used for any other purpose.
- Statistics Portugal shall not use any data collection or tracking feature, such as "cookies". (It may use temporary idsessions to store information on searches, which shall be erased when users exit the website)
- Statistics Portugal shall not use clickstream to analyse the sequence of pages opened during access to its website.
- Statistics Portugal is not liable for the supply or contents of the additional software needed to access the information available.
- Statistics Portugal formally combats software piracy and does not encourage the copy or download of software protected by copyright.
- The privacy rules of Statistics Portugal fall within the framework of the provisions laid down in the applicable law (www.cnpd.pt)
Applicable legislation and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions of use shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Portugal. Any disputes arising in relation to the website shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Lisbon.
Information contained in these pages corresponds to the activities exercised by Statistics Portugal as at the respective date of publication, and was carefully compiled and checked. However, the possibility of error cannot be excluded.
It is not possible to ensure continuous access to these pages or to linked pages. Every link from these pages is presented for information purposes only. No liability can be accepted for them, or for the information provided therein. A link to a third page does not imply any kind of support to that page, in the same vein as the absence of links to other pages does not mean lack of trust as to the respective contents.
Although Statistics Portugal may advise on the best use of data supplied on its website, no resources are available to provide continued support to the use of rough data in applications, such as spreadsheets or databases.
The ultimate objective of this website is to be accessed by a wide range of users, improving access to information on Statistics Portugal’s initiatives and on its policies. It is our ambition that this information is up-to-date and accurate, and we shall do our best to correct all errors reported to us.
It is our wish that you may find what you are looking for on this website. For additional information please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org