Official Portal - Statistics Portugal

Overnight stays and income increase further
Tourism activity
Overnight stays and income increase further - September 2006
09 November 2006

In September hotels registered 4.1 million overnight stays, which represents an increase of 6.3% vis-à-vis the same period of the previous year. Non-residents accounted for 69.5% of total overnight stays, while the remaining 30.5% correspond to residents. Compared with the same month of the previous year, both markets evolved positively and increased by 7.9% and 2.7% respectively. Total income reached €186.0 million and income from hotel occupancy attained €125.2 million, reflecting year-on-year changes of +4.5% and +3.0% respectively.
Press release
Download the document PDF (69 Kb)