Statistics Portugal - Web Portal
Official Portal - Statistics Portugal

Tourist travel rose in 2005
Tourist travel by residents
Tourist travel rose in 2005 - 2005
11 May 2006

In 2005 Portuguese residents made a total of 13 million trips, which represented an increase of 6.8% from the previous year. Of these, 52.8% were for leisure, recreation and holidays, 35.6% for visits to relatives and friends and 11.6% for professional and business reasons. Portugal was the main destination of most trips, with 87.7%, while the remaining 12.3% corresponded to travel abroad.
Press release
Download the document PDF (153 Kb)