Home :: Programme :: Description of the Work-life Balance Programme
The Commission for Citizenship and Gender Equality (CIG) was appointed Operator of the Work-life Balance Programme, in partnership with the Norwegian Equality and Anti-discrimination Ombud (LDO), within the scope of the EEA Grants 2014-2021, under the terms of the Memorandum of Understanding, signed in Lisbon, on 22 May 2017.
Through this Programme, innovative and structuring projects for the country will be financed, aligned with the National Strategy for Equality and Non-Discrimination 2018-2030 "Portugal + Equal", in the following areas:
- Gender equality.
- Work-life balance.
- Domestic and gender-based violence.
- Good governance.
Four pre-defined projects are being developed for the implementation of the Programme, under the responsibility of the following promoters:
- Commission for Equality in Labour and Employment – "Equality Platform and Standard": aims to develop a platform for monitoring public policies on equality in the labour market and to exchange good practice with Iceland on equal pay (Equal Pay Standard).
- Directorate-General for Higher Education – "Ge-HEI – Gender Equality in Higher Education Institutions": aims at integrating the equality perspective and combating gender segregation in higher education.
- Confederation of Portuguese Business – “Gender Equality Opportunities in Senior Management”: aims to identify and develop female talent with leadership potential, with the objective of fostering the access to top management positions in companies, thereby contributing to reduce the gender equality gap.
- Statistics Portugal - National Statistics System on Gender Equality: aims, among others, at improving national statistical data on equality between women and men.