- speeds up and simplifies the reply.
Automatic transfer of data resulting from administrative procedures
The utilisation of data resulting from administrative procedures is a major concern among official statistics producers. The so-called “Simplified Business Information” was recently created in Portugal, and translates into the delivery by enterprises, at a single moment in time and in electronic format, of a wide variety of annual accounting data, that is relevant for statistical and tax purposes and for accountability. For enterprises, the Simplified Business Information represents a significant cut in costs associated with compliance with legal obligations.
The "Respondent manager” service is oriented to large enterprises which, on account of their size and characteristics, are systematically involved in a high number of our surveys.
Statistics Portugal makes available a personalised call service provided by qualified staff, acting as single interlocutor of the enterprise in its relationship, as data provider, with Statistics Portugal.
The major objectives of the service are to:
- strengthen the relationship between Statistics Portugal and enterprises, with a view to minimising the statistical effort to which they are subject;
- build mutual aid in line with data collection requirements and with finding the best solutions for the difficulties reported by enterprises;
- ease supports and reduce the time required for filling-in the questionnaires;
- reinforce the consistency of data provided, together with the corresponding increase in the quality of the information to be reported.
- Support services to assist organisations in their replies, with a view to clearing doubts when filling-in the questionnaires addressed to them, via the telephone numbers indicated in each case by Statistics Portugal;
- Support services available to citizens interviewed, through the contacts indicated in the letter previously sent by Statistics Portugal.
When the situation is complex, experts from Statistics Portugal may visit the organisation, in order to assist in replies.
Experts shall always be available at the premises of Statistics Portugal to provide any necessary clarification.