SYNTHESIS [email protected], 5 Feb-2021

February . 05 . 2021 SYNTH SIS IN @ COVID-19 www.ine.pt page 12/20 Communication Unit | tel: +351 21 842 61 10 | [email protected] The year-on-year rate of change in the CPI was estimated at 0.3% Flash estimate The year-on-year rate of change in the Consumer Price Index (CPI) in January 2021 will have been 0.3% (-0.2% in December 2020). The core inflation indicator (total index excluding unprocessed food and energy ) is estimated to have changed by 0.5% (-0.1% in the previous month). Concerning the month-on-month rate of change, the CPI will have had a rate of -0.3% in January (-0.1% in December 2020 and -0.8% in January 2021). As regards the Harmonised Index of Consumer Prices (HICP) – the most appropriate inflation indicator for comparisons between the different countries of the European Union, and in particular the Euro Area –, Portugal will have recorded a year-on-year rate of change of 0.2% in January 2021 (-0.3% in the previous month). More information available at: ECPI/HICP Flash Estimate – January 2021 (29 January 2021) Monthly rate (%) 1 Annual rate (%) 1 Dec-20 Jan-21 * Dec-20 Jan-21 * CPI Total -0.14 -0.30 -0.23 0.30 All items excluding housing -0.15 -0.32 -0.32 0.24 All items excl. unproc. food and energy -0.16 -0.64 -0.14 0.55 Unprocessed food -1.10 0.49 2.62 1.77 Energy poducts 1.45 1.87 -4.89 -4.43 HIPC Total -0.1 -0.3 -0.3 0.2 1 Values ​rounded to two and one decimal place. * Estimated values

RkJQdWJsaXNoZXIy MjM5MTA=